You'll need more than just a truck and a snow plow to deal with everything Mother Nature dishes up during the winter. Check with a potential provider to find out what they offer before agreeing to a contract or service.
Some of the winter services you may need this winter include:
- Weather monitoring — The best winter services providers keep an eye on the weather and are ready whenever snow starts to fall.
- Plow and de-icing trucks — Don't settle for just snow removal; ice is a problem that you'll need to have addressed too.
- ATV plows and salt spreaders — Tight spots require snow and ice removal by ATV.
- Sidewalk maintenance — You've got more than just a parking lot to worry about, and the best winter services include maintenance to keep passersby from slipping on your sidewalks.
- Snow stacking and removal — We've all experienced winters when the snow kept on coming. If your winter services contractor doesn't include snow removal, keep looking.
- Sanding trucks — Big snowfalls call for extra precautions. Sanding and calcium chloride services can help keep your parking lot area safe.
Stick With a Professional
Your good friend may have a truck our four-wheeler with an attached snow plow, but that doesn't mean you should let him take care of snow removal on your commercial property. A professional winter services company will have liability insurance that covers damage or unexpected incidents that could occur while they're on your property. You could put your business and your friend at risk if you allow them to remove snow and ice without adequate liability insurance protection.
Have you lined up winter services for this year and beyond? Get in touch with us at Pavement Specialties to discuss your needs today!